Monday, April 19, 2010

Aubrey loves the swing

My little Aubrey has the sweetest spirit about her. There is something in the way that she moves, her normal tone of voice, her impish little looks - something that is altogether sweet and lovely, gracious and graceful. A quietness that speaks of a wise soul, an interested observance and deep understanding of her world.

I was pushing her in the swing at our little playground today and it dawned on me that she is a baby no longer. Her fuzzy, normaly unruly hair fluttered in the breeze; her bangs held off her face with a delicate lavendar bow. Purple is a wonderful color on her; it makes her eyes look sea-green and her olive complextion shine. Her matching purple-and-green argyle knee socks flew as she kicked her little legs through the air. And I thought her choice of bright orange sparkly necklace was the perfect "non-matchy-matchy" accessory to contrast with her purple shirt. The girl has style.

But her lovliness came through in the glint in her eyes, and soft little giggles as she held on tight to that bucket swing and sailed back and forth, back and forth. While Claire seems to wear her heart on her sleeve, I have really looked forward to this with Aubrey: the ability for her, as she grows out of babyhood, to be able to communicate with me what's going on inside of her. And so while it is sad to miss little baby Aubrey, I am loving getting to know my darling little girl Aubrey more each passing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment