Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Toddler Talk

The girls are finally starting to talk! On one hand, I'm really excited. I will gladly exchange words for frustrated screams, cries, grunts and pointing. However, I also realize that once they start talking, they won't stop and so I am glad they are starting at a gradual pace.

Aubrey's vocabulary repitoire: mem (Amen), naanaa (nigh-night), bou (ball), dees (this, blanket, yes, we're not quite sure), bebebebe (baby), bobree (Aubrey), mamamama (mama)

Claire's exuberant expressions: baao! (plane, bird, balloon, anything that flies), ba (ball), buuube (bubble), Aaadeee (Aubrey), daadeee (daddy), beebee (baby), wow-wow-wow (wow, wow, wow), maaameee (mommy), muh (more), bu (bye)

And they communicate so well in other ways, too. Tonight when we were tucking them in, we said, "say goodnight, girls!". Simultaneously, Aubrey said naanaa and Claire waved (her way of saying nigh-night). So cute! Toddler talk, or the attempts and practicing thereof, have left an indellible mark on me as well. As I finished my sewing for the evening, I literally stopped myself from saying, "Nigh-night, sewing machines!"

No comments:

Post a Comment